Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LOVE


We are called to love above all else to L.O.V.E. we were created to love, and to be loved, to bring God glory, to love him, have him love us; to to have a relationship. Love it more than attraction, love is more than a feeling of butterflies. Love can be at times the most painful thing in your life, when love isn't loving back, when things aren't, just so. Love isn't a plan, and it isn't scripted, it can be messy.

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I was singing(I use this term very loosely)a made up song to Owen tonight, I love you like_____ loves______ (fill in the blanks) I love you like sunflowers love the sun I love you like frosting loves the cake and even in my silly song of love to my son there is a relationship where love is loving.

We are to love and to be loved!

No comments: