Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday is CAKE!



Well today wasn't really a piece of cake but I did get to make this fancy number for a sweet friend of mine that was hosting a DISCO for her friends 50th birthday bash. Justin has rehearsal from 9-3 today, it's Saturday so our house was full and I had this cake to bake. Plus I felt the need to go check out an Estate sale... with the kids, they did very well on our journey and we picked up a few good finds, Galilee got books, Owen a radio, Felicity got a old play phone, and I got an old Quaker Oats container, an old washboard, and an angel key chain for a grand total of $6. Justin got home and I had less than 2 hours to get my cake and cupcakes done and delivered, I got stressed, that got Justin stressed, kids were jumping rope in the house and fighting over which rope belonged to them, the back door was left open, Felicity was running around with no clothes on, Galilee's foot got hurt.... and as I was finished and leaving.. no the cake didn't fall apart this time... I looked around and the house was a MESS. So I left, Justin wondered if I would return lol, I was driving and there in the sky was a stunning sunset, and peace and quiet in the car, just what my soul needed. Then I drove back home and entered into my clean house, dishes were done, and Felicity even had clothes on.

No comments: